Prof. Simon McKirdy
Non Executive Chairman
Prof. McKirdy has international expertise in biosecurity and, in particular, plant biosecurity. He completed his PhD in Plant Pathology at the University of Western Australia. Prof. McKirdy’s experience covers research, policy development and the management of biosecurity within the government and private sectors. His career has included the roles of Quarantine Plant Pathologist, Program Manager at Plant Health Australia, and eight years as CEO of the Australian Plant Biosecurity Cooperative Research Centre. Most recently he has held the roles of Biosecurity Science and Risk Manager, Chevron Australia, and is currently Professor Biosecurity and Sustainable Development Murdoch University. He is Deputy Chairman of the Western Australian Biosecurity Council, which provides advice to the Western Australian government through the Minister for Agriculture, and is a board member for Bondi labs.
Chairman and licencee of Australian Financial Services company Mac Equity Partners and Australian Oil and Gas Company Petrex Limited.
Other directorships, offices and roles (current and recent):
- Director, Avation PLC London listed aircraft leasing company.
- Director, lead manager to the IPO of Hazer Group a low cost, low-emission hydrogen and graphite production process company.
- Director, lead manager to the IPO of EMvision, developers of a portable brain scanner for rapid, point of care stroke diagnosis & monitoring
- Director, lead manager to the IPO of ParkD car park technology
- Founder, executive chairman and director Pharmaust Ltd, developing novel cancer therapeutics for humans and animals.
- Founder. Epichem, specialised synthetic chemistry,
- Lead manager to the IPO of Wide Open Agriculture a unique specialist regenerative agriculture company
- Lead manager to the IPO of Nanollose, developing sustainable technology to turn liquid waste into rayon with minimal environmental impact.
- Advisor to Structural Monitoring Systems, developing novel in-situ, real-time monitoring of crack initiation and/or propagation technology
Email : email@example.com
Non Executive Director
Simon completed his Bachelor of Applied Science and honours thesis at Curtin University of Technology. Simon’s honours thesis involved the development of an ion-selective electrode for the analysis iron levels in sea water. He has 20 years’ experience in financial markets in Asia and Australia and has worked in various roles, including as an equity research analyst for several global investment banks such as Deutsche Bank and BoA Merrill Lynch. In addition, Simon was a founding director of an ASX listed company Emmerson Resources Limited, with an additional eight years as a non-executive director. Simon’s previous role was Head of Business Development for ASX listed Yowie Group, a role that required a significant amount of effort in developing offshore markets.
Prof. Yong Lin Ren
Chairman, Advisory Board.
Prof. Ren has a PhD in Applied Science from the University of Canberra. Prof. Ren specialises in post-harvest plant biosecurity with expertise in the use of fumigants, fumigant chemistry, controlled atmospheres, heat disinfestation, and methyl bromide treatments of grain, fruit, vegetable, timber and soil. Prof. Ren is an internationally recognised scientist who has led research teams in the development of management and commercialisation strategies for grain pest technology and quality control. He is the co-author of numerous publications and has initiated and worked on a wide range of research projects in the area of plant biosecurity. Currently, he is a member of the Controlled Atmosphere and Fumigation Permanent Committee and the Australian representative on the Plant Health Quadrilaterals Scientific Collaboration Working Group: Methyl Bromide Alternative Project.