Fume8 is a Unique Technology that allows the safe and effective delivery of a fumigant, a combination of ethyl formate and nitrogen gas.
Patented and Effective , Fume8 utilises inert nitrogen gas to activate ethyl formate, a natural food grade product.
Rapid Eradication of Pests, Safer Vaporisation, Fume8 results in shorter fumigation periods and better results
Two of the most widely used fumigants on a global basis are methyl bromide and phosphine, both of which are highly toxic with increasing reports of pest resistance, and increasing global biosecurity risk.
- Highly toxic to humans
- A broad spectrum pesticide having non-specific toxicity to a wide range of invertebrates
- Since 1 January 2005, all uses have been prohibited, other than for certified quarantine and pre-shipment, approved feedstock applications, or approved under critical use exemptions
- Ozone depleting
- Highly toxic to humans if exposure occurs
- High security risk chemical
- More than 75% of Australian grain currently treated by Phosphine which is also relied on for fumigation of other commodities
- Increasing reports of pest resistance of excessive reliance and improper application
ETHYL FORMATE. A SUPERIOR SOLUTION !
- Non-toxic to humans
- Highly toxic to insects that commonly infest stored commodities
- Breaks down into naturally occurring products and doesn’t leave a residue